The York Ebor Festival showcases horse racing excellence, as some of the sport’s finest congregate for the iconic four-day meet held at York Racecourse since 1840. Keep reading to find more about York Ebor Festival betting.
- Tournament Structure for York Ebor Festival
- Top Table – Best Betting Sites for York Ebor Betting
- York Ebor Odds, Betting Tips, Promotions & Predictions
- 5 Reasons to Bet on York Ebor
- Betting Sites with York Ebor Live Streaming
- Popular York Ebor Betting Markets
- History of York Ebor Festival
- Similar Tournaments to York Ebor Festival
- Upcoming Sporting Events
- York Ebor Betting FAQs
- ThePuntersPage Final Say
Tournament Structure for York Ebor Festival
The York Ebor Festival is a four-day festival wrapping up the summer flat schedule, and here’s what you should know if you want a guide to betting on the races in person:
- Juddmonte International stakes is the standout race on the Wednesday, which was previously won by Frankel in 2012.
- The Sky Bet Ebor Handicap — which is run over one mile and 3/4 — used to have a prize fund of £1million.
- The festival features 10 Group I races and 28 renewals.
- On Wednesday, there are seven races on the card, with the action getting underway at 1:50pm.
- The Thursday of the event is known as “Ladies Day”, and the women will get dressed up and wear an assortment of eye-catching hats.
- You can buy tickets for online, and you can purchase tickets for one day or for the whole event. A ticket for the Grandstand and Paddock can cost up to £105, although it might vary each year.
York Ebor Festival Prize Money
The York Ebor Festival is quite lucrative from a financial perspective, and the Juddmonte International Stakes is the richest race of the York flat season, with prize money totalling £1million. This is how things look across the board on the prize money front:
- The Coolmore Wotton Bassett Nunthorpe Stakes which is traditionally run on the Friday, has a total prize pool of £500,000.
- The Darley Yorkshire Oaks, which is also a Group I race, carries a prize fund of £400,000.
- Each race is set to offer at least £150,000 in prize money in 2022, and across the board, there have been significant increases in the prize purse.
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ - Offer for new customers at bet365. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
New customers using Promo code H30 only, Min £10/€10 stake, min odds 1/2, free bets paid as 2 x £15/€15, free bets credited after settlement of first qualifying bet, free bets will expire 30 days after the qualifying bet is placed, payment method/player/country restrictions apply. See full terms below. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
New Customer Offer. Place your FIRST bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £10. Only deposits made using cards will qualify for this promotion. T&Cs apply. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ New UK+IRE Customers only. Certain deposit methods & bet types excl. Min first 5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4x 5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. No cashout, restrictions + Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ New UK+ ROI Customers only. Deposit & Bet min £5 as first bet at minimum odds 1/2 to qualify for 1x £20 Free Bet. Certain deposit methods and bet types excluded. Free bet valid for 7 days, stake not returned. Restrictions apply. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
York Ebor Odds, Betting Tips, Promotions & Predictions
The York Ebor Festival, which is staged at York racecourse, gets underway on Wednesday August 17, 2022, and it is a glittering showpiece of the flat season. The four-day festival has seven races on the card each day, and you will find fields packed with an enormous amount of talent which will give you plenty to chew over.
York Ebor Festival Betting Odds 2022
Juddmonte International Stakes 2022 Winner Odds
|State of Rest||10/1||Paddy Power|
|Point Lonsdale||33/1||Paddy Power|
Yorkshire Oaks 2022 Winner Odds
|Emily Upjohn||4/1||William Hill|
|Magical Lagoon||4/1||William Hill|
|La Petite Coco||6/1||Paddy Power|
|Sea La Rosa||18/1||10bet|
|Cairde Go Deo||20/1||bet365|
York Ebor Betting Tips & Predictions 2022
The Juddmonte International Stakes is the flagship race of the Ebor festival York, and Baaeed is fast running out of opponents who can catch him over a mile. The William Haggas-trained colt looks invincible, as he is yet to taste defeat in nine career starts, and he produced an exceptional display the Sussex Stakes at Goodwood last month. However, the Juddmonte International Stakes will be the litmus test, as he will be making the step up in distance to 1m 2f. And at a short price of 3/9, Baaeed will want to prove why he is one of the most feared horses.
But Baaeed could face stiff competition from Champion juvenile and Irish 2000 Guineas winner Native Trail, who finished third in his first try at 1m2f at Sandown in the Coral Eclipse, and he has made rapid progress. He is currently carrying odds of 6/1 with most bookmakers, and a top-three finish is feasible.
Meanwhile, the Yorkshire Oaks has featured many Epsom Oaks entrants over the years, and the last horse to win both was Enable in 2007. Tuesday is poised to start as the favourite and it could see her square up against Emily Upjohn, who had a terrible run in the King George. The three-year-old filly, who is trained by AP O’Brien, has garnered short odds of 3/1 with most leading bookmakers.
However, if you are looking for a value pick, then Alpinista could be a good shout. With eight wins from 13 flat turf outings, Aplinista returned to action recently with an emphatic showing at the Grand Prix de Saint-Cloud. She could well give Tuesday a good run for her money, and it wouldn’t be a surprise to see her enter the winner’s circle.
York Ebor Betting Promotions 2022
- bet365′s opening offer consists of £50 in free bets when you bet £10.
- William Hill also has a tasty free bets offer consisting of £30 in free bets when you bet £10.
- At Paddy Power, meanwhile, new customers will have a risk-free £10 bet as they will be credited with a refund if the wager loses.
5 Reasons to Bet on York Ebor
- The York Ebor festival is York’s oldest horse racing festival, running since 1840.
- York Ebor usually attracts more than 300,000 avid racegoers each year.
- The Coolmore Nunthorpe Stakes providing a purse of £1million.
- The Juddmonte International Stakes was voted the world’s best race in 2020.
- Thoroughbred great Frankel rose to fame in 2012 and his victory in the Juddmonte International Stakes was a landmark moment.
Betting Sites with York Ebor Live Streaming
Popular York Ebor Betting Markets
The York Ebor Festival is starting to gain more traction, and with seven races on each day, there are plenty of opportunities for bettors. We have highlighted some of the most recognisable markets for York Ebor, which will be covered by the best bookies for horse racing.
This features on the racecards and results of all prominent horse races. You are required to predict which horse will win the race, and the odds on the favourite may drop dramatically before the start of the race.
Horse racing offers more potential winning outcomes than any other sport. With each-way betting, rather than just plumping money on who will finish first, you can pick a horse to finish in any of the top-three positions. That way, your wager will be successful. So, for example, those who wish to indulge in horse racing betting at William Hill, they will find this line relatively easily.
A double bet consists of two distinct selections, whereby you can bet on two horses to win two different contests at the Ebor festival York. However, both bets must come through for you to win. This is a mini type of accumulator bet that you can find while horse racing betting at Paddy Power.
This is considerably trickier compared to the win or each-way betting market, as you need to predict the two horses to finish in the exact order. So, at the York races Ebor, you can hedge your bets on two horses to finish first and second. Note that this is available for all the biggest meets in the world, such as the Melbourne Cup.
For those bettors that are that bit braver, they will need to predict the exact order of the top three horses to finish.
History of York Ebor Festival
The Ebor festival York is one of the oldest and richest horse racing meets in the North of England. With 10 Group I races across the week and 28 renewals, the Ebor Festival has been around since the 1840s.
Meanwhile, Ladies Day on the Thursday is a highlight in the social calendar, as it features the Group I Darley Yorkshire Oaks, which sees the most highly-rated fillies in Europe competing.
Recent York Ebor Festival Winners – Juddmonte International
|2021||Mishriff||David Egan||John & Thady Gosden|
|2020||Ghaiyyath||William Buick||Charlie Appleby|
|2019||Japan||Ryan Moore||Aidan O’Brien|
|2018||Roaring Lion||Oisín Murphy||John Gosden|
|2017||Ulysses||Jim Crowley||Sir Michael Stoute|
|2016||Postponed||Andrea Atzeni||Roger Varian|
|2015||Arabian Queen||Silvestre De Sousa||David Elsworth|
|2014||Australia||Joseph O’Brien||Aidan O’Brien|
|2013||Declaration of War||Joseph O’Brien||Aidan O’Brien|
|2012||Frankel||Tom Queally||Sir Henry Cecil|
York Ebor Festival Key Stats – Juddmonte International
- 2011 champion Twice Over won in the slowest time – 2 mins 14.70 seconds.
- 2013 champion Declaration of War is one of the three quickest winners in the past 20 renewals of this race.
- AP O’Brien is the most successful trainer in this race registering 5 wins.
- Sir Michael O’Stoute is the only other trainer to have recorded multiple wins (2).
- Great Britain has recorded the most winners in this race – 13.
- Frankie Dettori and Ryan Moore are the most successful jockeys in this race with two wins apiece.
Similar Tournaments to York Ebor Festival
- 13th to 15th July 2023, Newmarket July Festival: One of the biggest events in the UK horse racing calendar, the July Cup is the standout event as it is a six-furlong flat and 50 hopefuls will vie for glory.
- 25th to 29th July, 2023, Goodwood Festival: Staged in Sussex, England, the five-day festival is steeped in tradition, and it takes in three of the UK′s 36 annual Group I races.
- 20th to 24th June, 2023, Royal Ascot: Revered across the globe, Royal Ascot will be back again next summer, and it usually features a guest appearance from Her Majesty, the Queen.
- 20th August 2022, Summer Celebration: Contested over the same weekend as the York Ebor Festival, the Summer Celebration provides a thrilling day of action, features two Group III races, including the Group 3 Solario Stakes.
- 10th September, 2022, St Leger Stakes: Rounding off the four-day festival, the St Leger Stakes is the standout event, as it attracts some of the leading trainers and races from across the world.
Upcoming Sporting Events
York Ebor Betting FAQs
The York Ebor Festival is flushed with plenty of brilliant operators, but the best bookies include bet365, William Hill, and Paddy Power, as they have superb mobile betting apps. William Hill also allows bettors to stream the action.
All four days of racing will be broadcast for UK viewers on ITV.
The York Ebor Festival is one of the biggest horse racing festivals in the UK, and it has been around since 1840.
The Juddmonte International Stakes is the signature event, and Frankel, who took the spoils in 2012, is on the roll of honour.
Yes, you can buy tickets for the York Ebor 2022 Festival online. However, ticket prices will vary depending on whether you want a seat in the main stand or entrance to the paddock.
ThePuntersPage Final Say
Whether you are a novice bettor and you need horse racing terms explained or you are more experienced, the York Ebor Festival always throws up plenty of excitement, and the Juddmonte International will be earmarked by racing enthusiasts. The bookmakers we have highlighted in this guide will be well stocked with competitive odds, so get involved!