From football and tennis to horse racing and cycling, Belgians enjoy placing wagers on their favourite sports and events. We've compiled a list of the best Belgium betting sites in our guide below to narrow down all the options out there. So, grab a waffle and dig in!
- Best Belgium Betting Sites That We Recommend
- Online Sports Betting in Belgium
- Why Should I Sign Up To the Above Sites?
- Is Online Sports Betting Legal in Belgium?
- Choose a Good Belgian Betting Site
- Best Football Betting Sites in Belgium
- Popular Payment Methods for Belgium Sports Betting
- How To Bet at Belgium Betting Sites
- Live Betting in Belgium
- Other Country Betting Guides – Click Each Flag To Learn More
- Belgium Betting Sites FAQs
- ThePuntersPage Final Say
Best Belgium Betting Sites That We Recommend
18+ | New UK players only | Min deposit req. £10 | Certain deposit methods excluded | Place 1 sport bet (3+ selections) | Excl Horse Racing | Min stake £10 | Max stake £20 | Min Odds 2/1 (3.0) | Max FreeBet £20 for football only | FreeBet valid for 7 days | FreeBet stake not returned | Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
Currently ALL Premier League, La Liga, Serie A and Ligue 1 matches are available. Find the fixture you want. Make your selections. Want to add another game to the same bet? Now you can! Check your odds. Place your bet. Bet Builder bets cannot be combined with other Bet Builder bets or other betting opportunities. Bet Builder bets will not be available for Cash Out. A maximum of 12 combinations can be included in a Bet Builder bet. T&Cs apply.
PINNACLE CUP MALTA VIBES – WELCOME PROMOTION! Sign up – Use code “CUP23” in the “How did you hear about us?” section. Deposit up to EUR 95. Place a bet on any esport. Get a 100% bonus, up to EUR 95!* This promotion is only available to new customers who are eligible to register on www.pinnacle.com. Once the 100% Deposit Bonus requirements have been met, your account will be credited with the equivalent amount. The minimum bonus will be EUR 9, and the maximum bonus will be EUR 95. Any funds that are made as a result of this 100% Deposit Bonus promotion are subject to a x15 rollover requirement before any withdrawals can be made. Customers have a maximum of 60 days to fulfil the rollover requirements. Bets placed on selections with odds below 1.500 will not count towards the rollover requirement. T&Cs apply.
BETYOURWAY WITH BETBUILDER. Available Pre-match and Live. Play in moderation! T&Cs apply.
SUPER WEEK! EVERY MATCH DAY ODDS ARE POWERED UP! Are you ready to take your Sports betting experience to the next level? Introducing Odds Power Up by betFIRST The ultimate way to increase your potential profits and get the best odds in Belgium! With Odds Power Up, you'll have access to the highest odds for pre-selected football and basketball matches every week. This means you can bet with confidence, knowing you're getting the most value for your money. Check this week's Odds Power Up offers & do not miss your chance!
Online Sports Betting in Belgium
Belgium has a rich history, with betting having been part of the national culture for centuries. In fact, historical documents dating as far back to the 14th century have revealed evidence of gambling in the country.
Moreover, in recent times, Belgium has become more open and liberal when it comes to sports betting compared to some other European nations. This has given rise to a popular and thriving industry.
To give you some idea of how enormous this sector has become, a staggering 23.7% of Belgians are estimated to have placed bets on sports events in the last 12 months at the time of writing. Furthermore, the Belgian Gaming Commission, known as the Kansspelcommissie, has reported total gambling revenue of £825.7 million in the past year, with a significant 27% of it coming from sports betting.
As a result, there has been a surge in the number of betting sites available in Belgium, with numerous platforms vying for the attention of punters. This is where we come in! Our table below contains our hand-picked recommendations of the very best bookmakers available in the country, saving you the time and hassle from having to do this research yourself.
Some of the best betting sites in the world have joined the Belgian market, which means you may already have an account with one of the best Belgian bookmakers. Not all bookies can operate in Belgium, so we still highly recommend the bookmakers we have selected.
Why Should I Sign Up to the Above Sites?
- All of them are licensed in Belgium.
- You can benefit from some great welcome offers…
- as well as various promotional offers for existing customers.
- Most offer exciting features to enhance your overall experience.
Is Online Sports Betting Legal in Belgium?
The first Belgian law addressing any form of betting is thought to have been drawn up in 1851, giving the Belgian National Lottery a monopoly on lotteries, tombola, and scratch cards.
Online betting in Belgium has been deemed legal since 2011. As the home of the EU, there has naturally been some pressure exerted on the country to behave as a model nation, and this extends to the regulation of sports betting too.
Indeed, extra measures have been taken to ensure punters are protected online, leading to the Belgium Gaming Act being approved over a decade ago to provide a legal framework for betting operators to abide by.
In order for operators to offer their services in Belgium, they are also required to hold a licence for a land-based operation. More recently, the Belgium Gaming Commission have been quite strict, even compiling a list of blacklisted companies. Those that breach the rules can expect to be hit with large fines, which can be as high as €100,000 depending on the severity of the offence in question.
Meanwhile, Belgian sports betting operators require a category F licence to operate, which expires every nine years. From August 2022, the number of licensed bookmakers has been reduced from 34 to 30 until the end of July 2031.
Belgium has a unique tax system for operators, as they are required to pay a 15% tax on all revenue generated from betting. This, however, does not apply to punters who use their services. As a result, you will not be required to pay any tax on your winnings.
Yes. Punters in Belgium must adhere to a deposit limit, which equates to £171 per week. However, if you wish, you can apply to your bookmaker to remove this. In such cases, the bookmaker will verify your eligibility with the authorities and, if approved, will remove the limit completely.
Choose a Good Belgian Betting Site
When you bet at a Belgian betting site, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- Choose a site that is available in multiple languages. Many Belgium betting sites offer services in Dutch, French and German, but make sure you select an English-speaking betting site if you only speak English.
- Always look for sites that are quite versatile in terms of payment options. While Visa and Mastercard are arguably the most common, you may want to make deposits and withdrawals with a different payment method, so always check what is accepted by the site beforehand.
- Look for sites that accept your currency of choice, so you can avoid having to pay exchange rates.
- Always search for sites that offer the most competitive odds, and charge the lowest margin of profit.
- Check that there is a good variety of live betting options, especially if you like to keep tabs on in-play markets.
- Make sure the site you choose has good support options. If you run into any issues, you will want to know that you can contact an agent via email, phone, or live chat to answer any query you may have.
- If you travel frequently, it can be very useful to choose a bookmaker that operates in many countries – see our guide to betting around the world and for more information.
Best Football Betting Sites in Belgium
With Belgium's track record of producing some of the world’s best players, football carries a lot of favour in the country with bookmakers and bettors alike.
Indeed, you'll find many betting sites well-stocked with a comprehensive range of football options. Most competitions will be covered, such as the national top-flight Jupiler Pro League, as well as a raft of other top European tournaments like the Champions League and the Europa League.
As the official sponsor of the Belgian Pro League, bwin is a great choice for Belgian punters, offering plenty of markets for individual matches throughout the tournament as well as outright options. The bookie themselves even offers their own tips and advice on which teams to bet on, including who has the current upper hand and past performances of popular candidates.
For those who would like to bet on the Belgian Cup (Belgium's primary domestic football cup competition, otherwise known as the Croky Cup for sponsorship reasons) we suggest heading over to Betway.
Football betting is massive, and our top bookies all offer a wide range of markets to bet on, which includes but is not limited to: ‘Over/Under Total Goals’, ‘First GoalScorer’, and ‘Last GoalScorer’.
Popular Payment Methods for Belgium Sports Betting
Belgium betting sites strive to be versatile and flexible in terms of payment options accepted, with most supporting a wide range of options. These including traditional and popular providers such as Visa and Mastercard, along with e-wallet services like Skrill, NETELLER, and PayPal.
- Pinnacle, for example, accepts a wide array of payment methods. Apart from certain e-wallets and bank cards, they also support paysafecard (a prepaid voucher), Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Neosurf. In total, there are 27 different options at the time of writing, meaning you're certainly spoilt for choice! There is also useful information attached to each of these options regarding minimum and maximum limits for every type of transaction made. NETELLER, for example, allows you to make deposits into your Pinnacle account free of charge, with no minimum amount required for withdrawals.
The euro is Belgium’s local currency, and fortunately, it is generally accepted at most sports sites available in the country. However, just to be absolutely sure, it's always best to confirm this before you sign up to any site you're interested in.
Both Pinnacle and bwin accept cryptocurrencies, with the latter offering a Pay with Crypto feature licensed by a third-party Virtual Assets Service Provider (VASP) called BVNK. This will convert your cryptocurrency into euros, with a fixed exchange rate that lasts for an hour.
How To Bet at Belgium Betting Sites
Punters already used to gambling online in the UK or other European countries will find a broadly similar experience in Belgium. While there may be some regulations that are slightly different, the fundamentals mostly remain the same.
Whether it is creating an account, filling in a betting slip or making deposits and withdrawals, Belgium betting sites, more likely than not, will mirror that of their UK counterparts.
Although football is a common betting choice in Belgium, you can also find plenty of markets on a wide range of different sports. Whether you are a novice or a more advanced bettor, you will be given the space to hone in your skills. Once you feel more confident, then you may well wish to be more adventurous with the types of bets you place and markets you delve into.
Creating a New Betting Account
Interested in joining one of the sites listed above? Simply follow the below step by step guide
Go to the site's homepage and click the “Sign up” or “Register” button.
Enter your personal information on the form that appears. This should include your name, date of birth, email address, and sometimes even your phone number.
Create a username and password. Make sure that the latter is a mix of letters, numbers, and characters to make it as secure as possible.
Confirm your account. Some betting sites will require you to confirm your account via email or SMS. You'll be sent a link or specific code that you'll have to activate via either channel.
Choose your payment method.
Verify your identity. This is an important step, especially since most sites will not allow you to make withdrawals before you complete it. All you need to do here is submit a copy of your ID, passport, or driver's licence – sometimes, you'll be asked to send in a recent utility bill or bank statement as proof of address. This is a perfectly standard procedure put in place by all legitimate bookmakers to prevent money laundering or other types of fraud from taking place on their platform.
Live Betting in Belgium
Currently, live betting in Belgium operates similarly to the UK, offering a wide range of betting markets. Indeed, it has become as detailed as pre-match betting, providing additional value for punters interested in specific markets.
Live markets for football, for instance, include final scores, goalscorers, over/under goals, corners, cards, throw-ins, goal kicks, and more. However, cash-out may not always be available.
Live betting has also gained popularity in other sports, leading to the introduction of more betting options during events. This trend has prompted bookmakers to improve their markets, creating a win-win situation for everyone.
For those interested in live betting in Belgium, bwin and Unibet score highly in this regard.
A highly popular feature especially among those who enjoy live betting, livestreaming has become one of the most widely useful tools within a bookmaker's arsenal. However, coverage for various sports and events can vary depending on licensing and agreements with broadcasters. Therefore, it's best to check whether or not there'll be a stream available for what you want to bet on beforehand to avoid disappointment later on.
In many cases, it can be difficult to for operators to acquire broadcasting rights for top football leagues; that being said, other sports such as tennis, basketball, horse racing, esports and others are usually covered by sites such as Unibet, Betway, and betFIRST.
Popular Events in Belgium
Known as the Capital of Europe, Belgium is no stranger to major sporting events, hosting various competitions for a wide range of sports. The latter have included the 1920 Summer Olympics, the 1972 and 2000 UEFA European Championships, and the 2002 and 2021 UCI World Road Championships.
Below you will find a comprehensive list of all upcoming major events taking place in Belgium.
- Football – The Jupiler Pro League is the top division of Belgian football, taking place every year between August and May.
- Golf – The Soudal Open. Part of the European Tour, this is set to take place from 11 to 14 May, 2023.
- Tennis – European Open (ATP250). Belgium’s only ATP event, taking place between 16 – 22 October, 2023.
- Formula 1 – Belgian Grand Prix. Commonly known as Spa, this is the biggest racing event in the country, taking place from 26 to 28 August, 2023.
- Darts – Belgian Darts Open. Part of the European Darts Tour, this will take place between 5 and 7 May, 2023
- Volleyball – CEV EuroVolley 2023. The Women’s National European Championship will be hosted by Belgium from 15 August – 3 September, 2023.
- Gymnastics – World Artistic Gymnastics Championships. This yearly gymnastics competition will take place between 30 September and 8 October, 2023
- Hockey – Men’s/Women’s FIH Hockey World Cup – Both the men’s and women’s hockey world cups will take place in Belgium in 2026.
Other Country Betting Guides – Click Each Flag To Learn More
Click on the list of countries which we have carried out reviews on, so you know which bookmakers to pick and what markets you can tackle.
Belgium Betting Sites FAQs
Online sports betting is legal in Belgium, provided the sportsbook in question is fully licensed. Rest assured that the sites we have listed in this guide are fully regulated and legitimate.
Football is the most popular sport for betting in Belgium, driven in large part by the recent success of the national team and Belgian players in general. Their impressive performances have undoubtedly contributed to the popularity of football betting in the country.
Visa, NETELLER, and PayPal are among the most recognised and popular payment methods for online betting in Belgium.
The euro is Belgium’s recognised currency. However, many sports betting sites in the country support other options as well.
ThePuntersPage Final Say
While Belgium can be rather strict in its approach towards operators as opposed to its peers across the continent, punters in the country can still enjoy a decent array of choice. That said, always make sure that any bookmaker you choose to sign up with caters well to your needs – enough to sustain your interest in the long term.
Be sure to conduct your research beforehand to ensure the platform you choose is reputable and trustworthy. If you're short on time, simply bookmark this page for a list of the best Belgium betting sites out there!