Fiorentina v Roma Betting Preview, Odds & Tips | 30/01/19
Josh Waudby (@Josh_Waudby) previews Fiorentina v Roma and provides us with his best bets for Tuesday’s Coppa Italia clash by analysing team news, potential line-ups, head-to-head, key stats and facts and more.
Fiorentina v Roma Betting Preview, Odds & Tips
- Date: 30/01/2019
- Time: 17:15
- Venue: Stadio Artemio Franchi
- Channel: BT Sport 1
Both teams come into this after goals galore at the weekend. Fiorentina managed to muster up a 4-3 victory away at Chievo. Despite going down to 10 men in the 60th minute at 2-1, they somehow went on to win and also survived a penalty miss from Pellissier. Roma in contrast will come out of their game devastated having blown a 3-0 lead. Atlanta came back from 3-0 down and themselves also missed a penalty.
AS Roma will see themselves firmly in the race for what seems to be between them and AC Milan for the 4th champions league spot, with Inter Napoli and Juventus most likely claiming top 3. Fiorentina don’t sit too far behind however they will find it hard to really challenge for top 4 with their limited squad, so a cup run may be exactly what the club are after.
The winner of this will more than likely set themselves up for a Semi-Final tie against Juventus, should they do the expected and beat Atlanta. This will be a huge task for either side but should they win this game it will leave them only 2 games away from lifting the silverware, which is most likely the only silverware either team has a chance of claiming.
Edmilson and Biraghi both return for Fiorentina after sitting out at the weekend in their victory due to suspension.
Roma come into the game with it likely that Juan Jesus and Perotti will still be out. It is unknown as of yet whether Cengiz Under will be back to feature after a suspected muscle strain.
Potential Fiorentina Starting XI: Lafont, Laurina, Pezella, Hugo, Biraghi, Vertout, Edmilson, Norgaard, Muriel, Dabo, Chiesa.
Potential Roma Starting XI: Olsen, Florenzi, Manolas, Marcano, Kolarov, N’Zonzi, De Rossi, Kluivert, Pellegrini, Zaniolo, Dzeko.
Head To Head
- It’s been a mixed bag of results between the pair. The last 5 games have produced 2 wins for each team and a draw.
- Interestingly in the last 10 games between the pair when Fiorentina have been at home, Roma have bettered the home side with 4 wins to Fiorentina’s 2.
- Roma have managed to put 4 past Fiorentina in 3 of the last 6 meetings.
Key Stats & Facts
- Roma come into this undefeated in their last 5 games in all competitions, including 4 wins from the 5.
- Fiorentina have been a draw specialist team this season. They have 8 draws in their last 15 games across all competitions.
- Roma’s previous tie came against Serie C team Entella, whereas Fiorentina came out victorious away at Serie A side Torino.
- Fiorentina 7/4
- Draw 12/5
- Roma 16/11
Both teams come into the game in similar form. Each team were involved in thrilling games last time out – Fiorentina winning a 7 goal thriller and Roma losing a 3-0 lead to draw 3-3 at Atlanta. BTTS and over 2.5 goals looks a great bet for this game, getting evens with marathon bet.
I think this is set up to be a really close match as the odds suggest. It looks likely to go the distance so the 6/1 price on offer from Sky Bet for the game to go to penalties looks appealing. You can get 12/1 on either team specifically but it is very difficult to call a penalty shootout, so I’ll stick with either team.