Roma v Genoa Betting Preview, Odds & Tips | 16/12/18
Josh Waudby (@Josh_Waudby) previews AS Roma v Genoa and provides us with his best bets for Sunday Evenings Serie A clash by analysing team news, potential line-ups, head-to-head, key stats and facts and more.
AS Roma v Genoa Betting Preview, Odds & Tips
- Date: 16/12/18
- Time: 19:30
- Venue: Stadio Olimpico
- Channel: N/A
Neither side comes into this one with form to boast about. Roma were beaten midweek by Plzen however still successfully qualified for the knockouts despite this. Genoa haven’t won a game in over 2 months and included in that was a disappointing loss in the cup to tier 3 side Entella, who beat Genoa in a penalty shoot-out.
Roma will be looking to try turn back the clock in terms of form as they have 7 wins in the previous 15 games, however none of them have come in the last 5. Roma Boss Eusebio Di Francesco is starting to come under pressure due to the recent form. In contrast it could be said it was a successful first game in charge for Genoa new man Cesare Prandelli as his side managed a 1-1 draw with SPAL despite having 10 men for 79 minutes of the game.
Even with all of this there is only 5 points separating to two sides, with Roma sat in 8th place and Genoa 7 places lower in 15th. Genoa have failed to score in 6 of their last 10 Serie A away games. A win for Roma could see them return back into the top 6.
Roma will be without Edin Dzeko again, and also Danielle De Rossi and tricky winger Stephan El Shaarawy are also doubts for the game.
Genoa will be without their key defender Dominco Criscito as he is suspended. Rômulo and Daniel Bessa return which leaves them with almost a full squad to choose from.
Potential Roma Starting XI:Olsen, Kolarov, Manolas, Fazio, Florenzi, Cristante, Nzonzi, Kluivert, Zaniolo, Ünder, Schick
Potential Genoa Starting XI: Radu, Zukanovic, Romero, Biraschi, Lazovic, Bessa, Sandro, Hiljemark, Rômulo, Kouamé, Piatek
Head To Head
- Roma have won 4 of the last 5 meetings between the two, with the remaining game being a 1-1 draw.
- Roma have won each of their last 12 home meetings against Genoa, their longest winning streak against any team in the competition.
Key Stats & Facts
- Genoa haven’t managed a win since the 30th of September in a 2-1 away win at fellow strugglers Frosinone, including a disappointing loss to Serie C side Entella.
- Roma also have struggled as of late and haven’t got a win in the last 5 games in all competitions.
- Roma have only failed to score twice in the last 1o games, and one of those being against European giants Real Madrid.
- AS Roma 4/9
- Draw 15/4
- Genoa 6/1
Despite Roma’s poor recent form, I find it hard to see anything other than a comfortable win for them this time out. It will be a good time to play Genoa aswell with their poor run and hopefully be a turning point for Roma. With Dzeko out I would expect to see Patrik Schick once again lead the line, with the job of scoring being firmly placed on his shoulders.