Dave South (@LockupTipster) previews Watford v Arsenal and provides us with his best bets for Sunday’s 16:30 pm kick off by analysing team news, potential line-ups, head-to-head, key stats and facts and more.
- 2019/2020 Profit & Loss: +2.81pts
Watford v Arsenal Betting Preview, Odds & Tips
- Date: 15/09/19
- Time: 16:30
- Venue: Vicarage Road
- Channel: Sky Sports Main Event
Bookmakers price this with Arsenal around 21/20 favourites visiting Vicarage Road, Watford at 13/5 and the tempting 11/4 for the draw, which is big, so there will be a case for all three outcomes in this game.
Watford’s form coming into this does not bode well having lost the last four at home and conceded in three of those encounters. Perhaps the international break may pay dividends to the Hornets, although their record to the Gunners is not great with the visitors keeping in a clean sheet in the last three meetings.
A few injuries and doubts post international break could make this an interesting affair.
Watford team news:
- Watford start with a new boss as Javi Gracia was sacked days ago with Quique Sanchez Flores taking the challenge.
- Troy Deeney is a confirmed absentee with Etienne Capoue suffering with a short-term illness and may be kept from Flores squad.
- Danny Welbeck may get a respectful reaction from visiting supporters if he plays any part.
Arsenal team news:
- The Gunners have confirmed they are without Hector Bellerin, Konstantinos Mavropanos and Kieran Tierney with Granit Xhaka and Lucas Torreira possible doubts.
- Joe Willock could appear, while Dani Ceballos is expected to make the first eleven.
Potential Watford Starting XI: Foster, Janmaat, Dawson, Cathart, Holebas, Hughes, Capoue, Doucoure, Sarr, Gray and Deulofeu
Potential Arsenal Starting XI: Leno, Maitland-Niles, Sokratis, Luiz, Kolasinac, Willock, Guendouzi, Pepe, Ceballos, Aubameyangy and Lacazette
Head To Head
- Arsenal 4-0-2 (Last six)
Key Stats & Facts
- Watford have conceded at least three goals in the last three at home and have lost all of the last four.
- The Gunners have won six of the last seven at Watford in all competition and the last three have resulted in clean sheets.
- Watford’s last four games have resulted in over 2.5 goals and the last three games for Arsenal.
- Watford – 69/25 MarathonBet
- Draw – 11/4 Unibet
- Arsenal – 2/1 BetVictor
The match odds have Arsenal as the favourites for the match best percentage at 48.78% with the home side at 26.60% and the tie rated at 26.67% punting to around 102% with Arsenal having the firm form behind them in the head to head.
Emery’s men have started the season well pocketing seven points from the opening four games having added a well-earned draw before the International break with Spurs. To be playing two of the top six within the first four fixtures would put Arsenal in a good place moving forward as the Europa League matchdays create a Sunday/Monday – Thursday routine until December at the very least.
Watford wished Javi Gracia all the best in his future endeavours earlier in the week, so will be interesting to see what new boss Quique Sanchez Flores starts with.
The momentum will go with the visitors with the home side’s poor record. This is more of a local derby than an away day for the gunners and see the visiting fans taking all of the point on the basis of their positive start, Watford missing one or two key players and also the defence has been alarming and will take more than one game to fix.
You could argue the Arsenal and over 2.5 adds more to the 21/20 at 17/10 on the basis Watford’s last four games resulting in over 2.5 goals and the last three games for Arsenal, but am happy enough to take the away win, however it is delivered, if at all!