Our WGC-HSBC Champions betting guide has everything you need to know about this exciting event – the latter of which is a professional golf tournament held every October at the Sheshan Golf Club in Shanghai, China. Discover everything you need to know about the most popular markets, betting tips, predictions, and more!
- Tournament Structure for the WGC-HSBC Champions
- Best Betting Sites We Recommend for the WGC-HSBC Champions
- WGC-HSBC Champions 2022 Betting Odds, Promotions, Tips & Predictions
- Popular WGC-HSBC Champions Betting Markets
- 5 Reasons To Bet on the WGC-HSBC Champions
- Best WGC-HSBC Champions Betting Sites With Livestreaming
- History of the WGC-HSBC Champions
- Recent WGC-HSBC Champions Winners
- WGC-HSBC Champions Key Stats
- Similar Tournaments To the WGC-HSBC Champions
- WGC-HSBC Champions Betting FAQs
- ThePuntersPage Final Say
Tournament Structure for the WGC-HSBC Champions
- Along with the WGC Dell Match Play, The WGC-HSBC Champions is part of the two-event WGC series, and the only competition to take place outside North or Central America. Betting on this golfing event has become extremely popular over the years, especially since it is part of the PGA Tour, the European Tour, and the Asian Tour.
- US Masters, PGA Championship and the Open Championship) as well as the winners of The Players Championship.
- They are joined by the winners of World Golf Championships, along with the world’s top 50 in the Official World Golf Ranking just two weeks before the event gets underway: 30 players from the FedEx Cup Points List, 30 more from the Race to Dubai Ranking, and four from the Asian Tour.
- The top two available players from the Japan Golf Tour Order of Merit will also be invited to participate, as will two more from the PGA Tour of Australasia Order of Merit. To complete the field, the top two available players from the final Sunshine Tour Order of Merit, together with six local Chinese players, are set to join.
- These players all tee off on the Thursday for four days of play, playing 18 holes a day. After day two and after 36 holes have been played, a cut is enforced to trim the field, with the stragglers being eliminated.
- The remaining move on to the final two days of play, which conclude on the Sunday, when the winner is the player with the highest sub-par score.
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ - Offer for new customers at bet365. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
New customers using Promo code H30 only, Min £10/€10 stake, min odds 1/2, free bets paid as 2 x £15/€15, free bets credited after settlement of first qualifying bet, free bets will expire 30 days after the qualifying bet is placed, payment method/player/country restrictions apply. See full terms below. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
*New UK customers (Excluding NI) only. Mobile only. £20 in FREE Bets (FB) as £10 in sports bets & a £10 casino bonus (CB). Min stake £10. Min odds Evs. FB applied on 1st settlement of any qualifying bet. FB 7 day expiry. 1 FB offer per customer, household & IP address only. Payment restrictions. 14 days to accept £10 CB, then active for 3 days. CB 5x wagering & max redeemable £100. Game restrictions apply. Cashed out/Free Bets won’t apply. 30 days to qualify. 18+. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
WGC-HSBC Champions 2022 Betting Odds, Promotions, Tips & Predictions
As we've just mentioned above, in August 2022, the PGA announced that the Champions was cancelled for the third successive year due to the global pandemic, following the guidelines issued by the General Administration of Sports of China regarding holding international sporting events in the country.
WGC-HSBC Champions Betting Odds 2022
Due to the event being cancelled, there are no odds available for 2022. However, we will keep you in the loop should there be a renewal in 2023.
WGC-HSBC Champions Betting Tips & Predictions 2022
Just as above, we will not be providing any WGC-HSBC Champions betting tips this year.
WGC-HSBC Champions Betting Promotions 2022
While the tournament this year has been called off, the below promotions are still worth looking at if you intend to bet on any other upcoming golf events.
- One great golf betting site is Betfred, with their welcome offer of £40 in bonuses in return for a qualifying bet of £10 hard to beat.
- Another brilliant offer can be found at 888sport, where newcomers that bet an initial £10 can pick up £30 in free bets - plus a £10 casino bonus, too.
- Ladbrokes is a powerhouse within the golf betting market with some great promotions, including their bet £5 get £20 in free bets offer.
Popular WGC-HSBC Champions Betting Markets
As with all golf tournaments, there is no shortage of fantastic golf betting opportunities to be enjoyed for fans of the WGC-HSBC Champions. With golf, you can bet live or in-play on a whole load of markets. In fact, just like tennis, it is one of the sports with the widest number of betting markets available, some of which we have listed below.
Outright Winner Betting
This is a straightforward bet on the golfer that you feel has the best chance of emerging as the tournament winner. Just add your selection to the betting slip, enter your stake, and place your bet.
Best WGC-HSBC Champions betting site for Outright Winner: SportNation
First Round Two-Ball Betting
With two-ball betting, golfers are paired up, requiring punters to bet on which of the pair will have the better round; in the case of this bet, the first round. What happens in the rest of the tournament is completely irrelevant to your wager.
Best WGC-HSBC Champions betting site for first round two-ball betting: QuinnBet
Winning Nationality Betting
Let’s say that there are a number of players from different countries that you feel might do well at this event. All that is required to win this bet is that you pick the nationality of the winner. Even if you were rooting for one player only to see another win, so long as their passports match, then the bet will pay out. This is actually a popular betting market in many individual participant sporting events, such as tennis’ Australian Open and cycling’s Giro d'Italia.
Best WGC-HSBC Champions betting site for Winning Nationality: FansBet
Make or Miss the Cut Betting
After 36 holes, the tournament cuts the field in half. Very often, this can mean that some of the world’s best players are unexpectedly eliminated, while others – surprise outsiders – are set to experience the tournament of their lives. Either way, this can provide another WGC-HSBC Champions betting opportunity.
Best WGC-HSBC Champions betting site for making or missing the cut: BoyleSports
5 Reasons To Bet on the WGC-HSBC Champions
- This tourney has the highest prize money in East Asia.
- There is over $10 million to play for.
- It is the final WGC event of the year...
- ... and the only WGC event to be played outside of the US.
- Many of the world’s top golfers will be taking part.
Best WGC-HSBC Champions Betting Sites With Livestreaming
- Paddy Power
History of the WGC-HSBC Champions
The WGC-HSBC Champions originally started out in 2005, and was at first sanctioned by four out of six members of the International Federation of PGA Tours. These were the European, the Asian, Sunshine Tours and the PGA Tour of Australasia. By 2009, the event became a World Golf Championship on the European Tour, with the field made up mainly from the winners of the world’s biggest tournaments since the most recent edition.
The original seven editions were played at the Sheshan Golf Club in Shanghai before the event was relocated to the Mission Hills Golf Club in Shenzhen in 2012. After one year away, play returned to the Sheshan Golf Club in 2013, where it remains to this day.
In August 2021, the PGA Tour announced their schedule for the 2021/22 season and confirmed that the number of WGC events this season would be halved to two. The Mexico Championship (The 2021 WGC Workday Championship due to Covid) and the FedEx St. Jude Invitational (WGC Invitational) are now no longer part of the World Golf Championships.
Recent WGC-HSBC Champions Winners
|2019||Rory McIlroy||Northern Ireland|
|2018||Xander Schauffele||United States|
|2014||Bubba Watson||United States|
|2013||Dustin Johnson||United States|
WGC-HSBC Champions Key Stats
- Dustin Johnson set the record winning score at this event in 2013, when he posted a winning 264.
- This score meant that the American finished an impressive 24 under par (-24).
- Phil Mickelson has won the event twice, which is a tournament record.
- A winner at 39, Mickelson is also the oldest winner of this event.
- In 2012, Brandt Snedeker shot a course record of 60.
Similar Tournaments To the WGC-HSBC Champions
- 22nd Mar – 26th Mar 2023, WGC Dell Match Play: Along with the HSBC Champions, this other WGC will take place at the Austin Country Club in Texas.
- 7th August - 13th August 2023, St Jude Invitational: Formerly a WGC event, this tournament takes place each year at the TPC Southwind in Memphis, Tennessee.
- TBC October 2023, Shriners Hospital Open: The Shriners Hospitals for Children Open is held annually in aid of charity, hosted at TPC Summerlin in Las Vegas.
WGC-HSBC Champions Betting FAQs
The tournament was cancelled for the third time in a row due to Covid-19 restrictions in China.
Based on our research, the three best betting sites for the WGC-HSBC Champions are bet365, William Hill, and BoyleSports.
As the tournament has been cancelled for 2022, there will be no broadcast this year.
The tournament is usually held at the par-72 Sheshan Golf Club in Shanghai.
Yes, this bet is normally available for the WGC-HSBC Champions.
ThePuntersPage Final Say
The WGC-HSBC Champions is a great betting opportunity for punters, offering a wide variety of markets to choose from as with all golf tournaments. WGC events in particular are especially thrilling to watch, as they bring together some of the best players in the sport who are otherwise separated for large chunks of the year. This guarantees that both spectators and bettors are in for a great time!