Inter Milan v Lazio Betting Preview, Odds & Tips | 31/01/19
Josh Waudby (@Josh_Waudby) previews Inter v Lazio and provides us with his best bets for Thursday’s Coppa Italia by analysing team news, potential line-ups, head-to-head, key stats and facts and more.
Inter v Lazio Betting Preview, Odds & Tips
- Date: 31/01/2019
- Time: 20:00
- Venue: San Siro
- Channel: BT Sport 1
Inter come into the game after a disappointing loss to Torino at the weekend. Despite sitting 3rd in the league they will be frustrated with how the season has gone after some of the signings they made through the summer hoping to really start to push back to the top, however they sit an extensive 19 points behind league leaders Juventus.
Lazio also come into the game following defeat at the weekend, to the league leaders Juventus. Lazio will feel extremely hard done to by the result. They dominated the game for the most part and conceded a late penalty which completed the turnaround for Juventus. Lazio will also be disappointed with their season, they sit a measly 8th in the table behind the likes of Atlanta and Sampdoria.
A cup win could be ideal for both teams to slightly resurrect their less than adequate League campaigns. Both teams cruised past their inferior opponents in the last round with Lazio winning 4-1 against Serie C side Novara and Inter crushing Serie B Side Benevento. The winner of this game will face the winner of AC Milan v Napoli.
For Inter it is likely Keita Balde will still be out injured, and with Perisic linked with a move away it could be questioned whether he will actually start. Vrsaljko has been ruled out for up to 8 months after his knee surgery.
For Lazio Acerbi will be back after his suspension. Marusic will be available as his suspension doesn’t count for the cup. Luiz Felipe is also not likely to return from injury in time to feature.
Potential Inter Starting XI: Handanovic, Skriniar, De Vrij, Miranda, D’Ambrosio, Nainggolan, Brozovic, Dalbert, Mario, Icardi, Peresic
Potential Lazio Starting XI: Strakosha, Acerbi, Radu, Bastos, Alberto, Marusic, Lucas Leiva, Milinkovic-Savic, Lulic, Correa, Immobile.
Head To Head
- Inter have majority come out on top in recent years. The last 5 meetings have seen 3 Inter wins all away from home.
- Interestingly in the last 5 fixtures at the San Siro Lazio have come out on top with 2 wins to Inter Milan’s 1.
- It really is a tightly contested fixture, with Inter winning 10 match ups over the last 10 years and Lazio winning 8, with only 2 being draws.
Key Stats & Facts
- Inter have struggled for goals as of late, they have only managed to score more than 1 on two occasions across their last 10 matches, and one of the games came against Serie B side Benevento.
- On the contrary Lazio have only failed to score once in their last 10, away to Atlanta.
- Across their last 15 meetings there has only be 4 games in which less than 2.5 goals were scored, and BTTS has occurred in 9 of those 15.
- Inter 12/11
- Draw 5/2
- Lazio 5/2
Both teams to score and over 2.5 goals is priced up at 11/10, which is generous considering BTTS has occurred in 9 of the last 15 meetings as stated, and in all the games both teams scored there was also over 2.5.
I also think Lazio are priced up abit too high. 5/2 for a Lazio victory, given the last 5 away games against Inter they have 2 wins and 2 draws and only one loss. Lazio or draw is priced up at 4/5 but I fancy the team to go the full distance and win the match, and the 5/2 price is plenty to tempt the punter. Having stated the goals between the two aswell 5/1 on Lazio and BTTS may also be a good value option for the higher risk punters.