Social betting allows players to interact, trade tips, and help each other to improve their bets.
The Best Social Betting Sites UK In 2023
18+ New customers only. Opt in, and bet £10 on football markets (odds 2.00+). No cash out. Get 6x£5 football free bets at specified odds for set markets, which expire after 7 days. Offer valid from 12:00 UK Time on 25/08/2023. Card payments only. Full T&Cs Apply | begambleaware.org | Please gamble responsibly. . Click for full T&Cs. BeGambleAware.org #ad
18+, UK only. Deposit and place a minimum £10 cash bet at single or accumulated odds of 1/1 or greater and we will give you 1 x £5 in free bets plus an extra 3 x £5 Free Bets the following day. Applies to first cash bet only. Free bets credited as 4 x £5 bets to use on 3x Any sport & 1x Virtuals. Cashed Out, Void or Draw No Bet wagers do not qualify for this promotion. 1 x £5 Free Bets are credited upon qualifying first bet settlement, other free bets credited by midday the day after your first bet settles. 7-day free bet expiry. Available once per customer. This offer cannot be combined with any other promotion. Full T&C's apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
Free bets and spins must be claimed within 28 days of opening. Free bet/spin stake not included in any winnings. Ts&Cs Apply. 18+Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
New customers & 18+ only. Min. deposit of £10. Qualifying real money bet of £10. Min odds greater than or equal to 1.5 required. E/W bets excluded. Offer awarded immediately but could be issued the next working day in exceptional circumstances such as technical fault. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
New bettors get 50% of deposit up to £50; Code: PLAY10; 1x per household; Min deposit £15 (no Skrill/Neteller); Wager deposit & bonus 8x; Max qualifying bet stake=initial bonus; valid 60 days; Min odds 4/5 singles, 2/5 per acca leg; Some bet types excluded; See full terms 18+ #ad
18+ New UK+ ROI Customers only. Deposit & Bet min £5 as first bet at minimum odds 1/2 to qualify for 1x £20 Free Bet. Certain deposit methods and bet types excluded. Free bet valid for 7 days, stake not returned. Restrictions apply. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
New 18+ UK customers only. Register using the promo code WELCOME40, deposit and place first bet of £10+ on Sports (cumulative Evens+) within 7 days of registration. First bet must be on Sports. £30 in Free Bets and £10 in Free Spins (50x20p) credited within 10 hours of bet settlement. Free Bet stakes are not included in any returns. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS verification and/or Proof of I.D and address may be required Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
New UK customers (Excluding NI) only. £20 in FREE Bets (FB) as £10 in sports bets & a £10 casino bonus (CB). Min Deposit £10. Min stake £10. Min odds Evs. FB applied on 1st settlement of any qualifying bet. FB 7-day expiry. 1 FB offer per customer, household & IP address only. Account & Payment restrictions. 14 days to accept £10 CB, then active for 3 days. CB 5x wagering & max redeemable £100. Game restrictions apply. Cashed out/Free Bets won’t apply. 30 days to qualify. 18+. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
New UK, IE & Malta customers only. Offer available between 16:00 BST on 11th July 2023 and 16:00 BST on 26th October 2023. Min £10/€10 first deposit in a single amount to be eligible for the offer. Max £30 in Free Bets. £10 bet at min odds of 1.5 required to receive £10 Free Bet. A further £10 Free Bet will be credited to your promotional balance 7 days after the first qualifying bet and then a further £10 Free Bet will be credited 14 days after the first qualifying bet. Free bets expire in 14 days after credited. Payment Terms and Conditions apply. This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other sign-up promotion. Full T&Cs apply. 18+. BeGambleAware.org #ad
18+. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of qualifying bets. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
Social betting is probably best understood as the sharing of tips between different users on a website. This way, it is not just betting with some social elements thrown in, but rather, the social side of things is a key component of what makes those sites stand out.
BetBull and SBK are two of the best and most prominent social bookmakers, allowing you to follow tipsters and use them as the basis of your wagers, whether they are singular or accumulator bets (BetBull, in particular, does a fantastic job with the latter). There are also leaderboards showing you the best tipsters and their betting history. Punters can discuss different betting tips with fellow users, and chat with other users about tips and strategy.
Both of these sites do a fantastic job with social betting, although BetBull is more dedicated and detailed, with the social element being a key selling point. It is a core focus, not an extra or an afterthought.
Social Betting Extended
If, however, we extend our definition to include social elements, there is no end to the reach of this kind of betting. The best betting exchanges and peer-to-peer betting sites, like Betfair or Matchbook, see your bet and odds set directly from other users. There are also esports betting sites where people can even bet on their own playing ability.
Punters can interact through social media pages, take advantage of refer-a-friend promotions, and use the best pool betting sites to try out their luck with a large group of others and have their winnings dictated as such. There’s even trending bets which work similarly to the leaderboards on BetBull, in the sense you can see what bets are getting the most attention.
On the flip side, there’s even social media betting with its own betting games, which appears to reverse this trend. You could even make an argument that many casino games, like poker, are also kinds of social betting games. The best casino betting sites often make a huge effort with social elements.
In other words, while only some sites can claim to be a dedicated social betting website, almost all modern iterations of bookmakers and betting sites have some kind of social element to them.
Social Betting Apps
It’s not much of a surprise that the social betting platform has become pretty much synonymous with the social sports betting app, considering that the best and most famous examples of such websites are indeed app-focused. BetBull in particular is especially focused on the mobile experience specifically. However, we don’t think it is a coincidence that this is the case.
Social betting just works very well on mobile. Think of how people interact with social media sites – often on the go and during any time of day. We ourselves often keep in touch with our audience through our own Twitter feed, allowing you to share our thoughts with us and give your opinion about what's going in in the betting world.
At the end of the day, the social betting app plays into how we are used to using similar, non-betting focused apps incredibly well.
In addition, this kind of app is built with casual users in mind. Its existence on mobile is a result of a focus on usability, as is the case with the best betting apps generally. Think about it. While it may be an ideal place for those who like to go in-depth with other users about a market, the app is also perfectly built for the casual player, allowing them to bet like an expert without putting in all the extra effort.
5 Benefits of Social Betting
So what exactly is the appeal of the such betting app and sites? Really, the possibilities for how it could improve your online experience are vast and ever-expanding, but there are five examples in particular that we think stand out. Here are five things you can look forward to from social betting.
- Sense of Community: Betting is best when shared with others, as part of the joy is in the tips and theories shared between friends at the pub. Or jokes about a ridiculous bet one friend was convinced was a winner, and begrudging respect for one who has defied the bookmakers with a brilliant betting strategy. Social betting, in this way, has existed for as long as sports betting has. What it does here is take those interactions and open them up on a global scale, allowing people to share their tips with anyone and everyone. It takes that sense of community and supercharges it – the advantages of such betting aren’t just strategic.
- Improving Casual Betting: Part of the reason this kind of betting is so good at fostering that sense of community is that it is so open to everyone. In the past, you really had two choices. One was to take a punt at what you reckon will happen, and crossing your fingers. The other is that you put in the time and effort going through stats and strategy to try and make your bet a successful one. What social betting does is allow anyone, much like our KickForm platform, to make better bets. You simply adopt the bets and the strategies of other, successful betters. Simple, effective, social.
- Improving the Experience of Seasoned Bettors: At the other end, you also have the benefits for experienced users. Now, these are the people who love getting involved in every nook and cranny of a market to make their best predictions. They are the people who read our strategy guides, who watch past matches, look through the past games. What social betting does for this kind of gambler is twofold. One is it lets you see how your predictions stack up to those from other successful bettors. Perhaps, in doing so, you will notice some flaw in your game plan that had previously flown under the radar. The other benefit is that if you believe in your predictions, you can put them out there for the world to see and utilise. If you have always fancied yourself an expert, there is no test greater than that.
- Mobile Integration: We have discussed why the social sports betting app is such an important part of this idea, and its benefits should not be underestimated. The mobile integration for the best social betting options are fantastic, and they are only getting better. This means a whole betting community is all available from your pocket, with the ability to follow tips and place bets at your fingertips. We may take such things for granted now, but there are few bigger benefits than that.
- Ease of Use: This one is not just a benefit of its own, but also ties in with all of our previous points. Social betting has taken inspiration from social media in more than the general concept. In terms of design, all of the best examples we have looked at had a great deal of focus on being easy to use. This is incredibly important, because the whole point of such betting is to get as many people involved as possible. The ability for casual players to improve their skills would be lost in practical terms if the ordinary person could not use the social sports betting app or platform. Not only is that not the case, but we also found social betting to have better usability than average, meaning all of its advantages are easily available to anyone who wishes to use them.
How Widely Available Is Social Betting?
Well, it depends on your definition. If we are talking about social elements in general, it’s everywhere. Just look at how many betting sites utilise ‘Request a Bet’ on Twitter, for example.
If we are talking about tips-based social betting, there are a handful of rather excellent options. In fact, the available quality is quite staggering, considering that this is an idea that is just getting started in its current form. What we think is likely to happen is that we both get more dedicated tips-based platform and apps, as well as the concept itself becoming more widely embraced by traditional bookmakers and household names.
5 Things You Can Expect From Social Betting & Traditional Betting
One common misconception is that new ideas in betting often come at the expense of other parts of your overall betting experience. This is simply not true. Great betting sites are exactly that, and your expectations should be just as high. With that in mind, here are five things you can expect both from the finest social betting and traditional betting operators.
- Security: We never compromise when it comes to your security in our site recommendations. Our standards for the likes of licensing, encryption, privacy policies, terms and conditions, general fairness, banking options and more remain every bit as thorough and unwavering.
- Customer Service: Social betting is all about communication, and that does not just mean between different users. It is vital for any bookmaker, but especially one where new concepts are employed. In this case, it is important to allow users to check in with knowledgeable and experienced members of the team to clear up any questions that may arise.
- Promotions: While there might be some differences in promotions to better take advantage of the unique things social betting can offer, the standards of quality should be every bit as high. This means honest offers, with terms and conditions to back them. As always, when looking for the best promotions, we are focused on the bottom line, and what practical benefit it offers the user.
- Site Design Quality: Design is not just about what a site or app looks like. It is also about how well the site operates, whether you can find everything you need, and the broadness of the appeal of the site based on how simple it is for newcomers to use. The depth it offers more experienced gamblers is also a key aspect. If anything, our emphasis on the importance on site design is even more pronounced than would be typical.
- Betting Variety: At the time of writing, social betting options do tend to have less betting variety than the top traditional options. However, that is not because of a lack of markets from your app, but rather the incredible depth of markets compared to the absolute best, like Betway or bet365. There is still amazing betting variety to be enjoyed, and we are sure they will catch up to these industry juggernauts someday.
Social Betting FAQs
Loosely defined, you could argue any betting or site with social elements is social betting. What we consider to be a social betting website is one that allows users to share and follow each other’s betting tips.
Yes, they do. You can expect the same standards of bonus from social betting as you would on traditional bookmakers.
At the time of writing, we think the best social betting app is either BetBull or SBK.
While there are a few which are not, it is fair to say that the overwhelming majority of social betting sites are on mobile.
Yes – just like on traditional betting sites, you can bet with real money on social betting sites and apps.
ThePuntersPage Final Say
We think that if any development in the ever-evolving world of online betting is a sign of the times, this is it. Social additions to betting sites have taken their time getting here, as their inspiration, social media, has long past the decade threshold of making it to the mainstream.
That said, demand for more social elements has only grown in the gambling world, and now it is here properly, we only see it getting bigger and better. Whether we are talking about dedicated social betting or elements of it, we think this will be part of a general push to make betting more open, accessible and community-based for those who want it, which can only be a good thing.