In this post, we cover everything there is to know about a Super Heinz bet. How does a Super Heinz bet work? What is an each-way Super Heinz? We answer these questions and more using relevant examples, as well as showing you how to use a Super Heinz bet calculator.
Table of Contents
- Best Betting Sites We Recommend for a Super Heinz Bet
- What is a Super Heinz Bet?
- How Does a Super Heinz Bet Work?
- Where to Place a Super Heinz Bet
- Can I Place an Each-Way Super Heinz Bet?
- How to Place an Each-way Super Heinz Bet
- Super Heinz Bet Advantages
- Super Heinz Bet Calculator
- Super Heinz vs Heinz Bet vs Goliath Bet vs Super Yankee (Canadian)
- Super Heinz Bet FAQs
- ThePuntersPage Final Say
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
Minimum deposit of £10 using deposit code 30F - A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £10 placed on any sports market - Minimum odds of 1/2 (1.5) - Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days - Free bet stakes not included in returns - Casino Bonus must be claimed within 7 days • To withdraw bonus/related wins, wager bonus amount x40 within 14 days • Wagering req. vary by game • Deposit methods, Withdrawal restrictions and Full T&C’s apply. #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ Eligible UK+IRE players. Paypal & some deposit & bet types excl. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. No cash-out, restrictions & T&Cs apply. #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+. UK+IRE only. Paypal & some deposit & bet types excl. Min first bet £5 a odds 1/2 or more. Tote and Pool excluded. Must be placed within 14 days of account reg. £20 credited as 2 x £10 free bets. Not valid with CashOut. Free bet valid for 7 days. Free bet stake not returned. 18+ T&Cs Apply. #ad
What is a Super Heinz Bet?
Here are the most important things you need to know before placing a Super Heinz bet:
- Also known as a full cover bet, a Super Heinz bet is a seven-selection wager that comprises 120 bets – 21 doubles, 35 trebles, 35 fourfold accas, 21 fivefold accas, 7 sixfold accas, and 1 sevenfold acca.
- When you’re placing a Super Heinz bet, you’re essentially placing 120 bets across seven selections. Therefore, a £1 Super Heinz will total to £120. Similarly, a £2 unit stake will take the total investment to £240.
- It doesn’t involve any single bet. So, a minimum of two selections must land if you wish to see a return on your stake.
- Your winnings from a Super Heinz bet depend on the number of winning selections and their odds.
- You can also place an each-way Super Heinz bet on the seven selections if they have impressive odds riding on them. That’s because even if the selections place, the returns can still be formidable.
Did You Know?
- The name ‘Super Heinz’ is a wordplay on the original Heinz bet. The Super Heinz, which comprises seven selections, literally takes it one step higher than the six-selection Heinz.
- The Heinz bet derives its name from Heinz, the company best known for its soups and ketchup. During its initial days, the company ran an advert campaign centred on the 57 varieties of pickle it offered. So now you know why the Heinz bet places 57 bets on the six selections!
How Does a Super Heinz Bet Work?
Thanks to the multiple bets, profits from a Super Heinz bet can pile on thick and fast. Take the 35 trebles, for example. You get cumulative odds – should the first selection win, the returns are used to stake on the second selection. If the second selection also wins, the entire returns are then again placed on the final leg.
In essence, with every winning selection, the unit stake on the next selection increases.
Let us use a real-world scenario to drive clarity on how a Super Heinz bet works. Suppose you back the following seven selections in the Full-time Result market:
- Leipzig vs. PSG to end in a draw
- Bayern Munich to beat Lyon
- Sevilla to beat Inter Milan
- Rubin Kazan to beat PFC Sochi
- Atlético PR vs. Palmeiras to end in a draw
- Western United FC to beat Melbourne City
- Redlands United to beat Olympic FC
Here, you are making a wide variety of bets. Remember that:
- Only two selections have to win for you to get a payout at the value of a double. For example, if only Bayern Munich and Sevilla win as predicted (but the other selections don’t land), you can still see a return on your money.
- Likewise, as part of the treble bets, only three selections have to land. For instance, if Bayern Munich, Sevilla, and Western United FC win, you’d be paid out at the treble they create. Even if the remaining four selections don't land, you can still take home an impressive sum.
Here is the Treble bet explained:
- Similarly, the accas require four, five, or six selections to win. Suppose the match between Leipzig and PSG ends in a draw, and Bayern Munich, Sevilla, Rubin Kazan, Western United FC, and Redlands United win their respective games. In this case, the sixfold acca will pay out impressively.
- Of course, if all the selections land, then the sevenfold acca will pay out.
- Payouts will vary depending on the bets. For example, if any combination of the 35 doubles were to win, the returns won’t be as high. Compared to that, a fourfold, fivefold, or sixfold acca would generate significantly higher payouts.
- With a little luck on your side and all the selections winning, your payout would be massive. That’s because the chances of all the selections landing are undoubtedly lower than a couple of them coming through.
- The more substantial the stake, the bigger the payout will be.
It is ridiculously straightforward to place a Super Heinz bet with any of the bookmakers we recommend on our site. Suppose you proceed with the seven selections mentioned below (odds correct at the time of writing). Heading over to Coral and placing a £1 Super Heinz bet would give you a staggering £38,744 (estimated) at a total stake of £120. That is, of course, if all the seven picks land as predicted.
Where to Place a Super Heinz Bet
You can place a Super Heinz bet on multiple sports, as long as you have seven selections to back. However, much like accumulator bets, a Super Heinz bet is typically suited for football, horse racing, and greyhound racing.
Placing a Super Heinz Bet on Football
How does this bet work in football? Well, it’s as easy as it gets. Choose the seven selections across seven matches and head to the online bet slip. Scroll down and click on ‘Super Heinz’. Enter your stake, and find your estimated winnings. You will get a payout should at least two selections land.
With even the newest UK bookmakers, you can place a Super Heinz bet across multiple markets. These include the classic Match Betting and other profitable football betting markets like Outright betting, Both Teams to Score, First Goalscorer, Anytime Goalscorer, Correct Score, and First Half Correct Score.
You can also mix and match these new and exciting football betting markets in 2020.
Placing a Super Heinz Bet on Horse and Greyhound Racing
It works exactly the same way. Choose your selections across seven events and head to the bet slip. Scroll down and click on ‘Super Heinz’, enter your stake, and find the predicted amount of winnings.
Let's take an example of Super Heinz betting on horse racing. Suppose you back the following selections in the Cheltenham Festival ante-post market:
- Salsaretta to win the Mares’ Chase @5/1
- Appreciate It to win the Albert Bartlett Novices' Hurdle @ 16/1
- Chacun Pour Soi to win the Champion Chase @ 4/1
- Al Boum Photo to win the Cheltenham Gold Cup @ 6/1
- Envoi Allen to win the RSA Insurance Novices’ Chase @ 5/1
- Honeysuckle to win the Mares’ Hurdle @ 7/2
- Easyland to win the Glenfarclas Cross Country Chase @ 11/8
With these selections, you can pop over to Ladbrokes and place a £0.5 Super Heinz bet with Ladbrokes and smash potential winnings worth a staggering £392,906 at a total stake of £60 (the odds in the image below were correct at the time of writing).
Can I Place an Each-Way Super Heinz Bet?
Of course, and you can do so precisely the same way you’d place a win-only bet. Make sure you check the ‘E/W’ box next to the Super Heinz’ on the bet slip. For more information, take a look at our detailed guide to how each-way betting works.
- While placing an each-way bet, you are essentially doubling the number of bets from 120 to 240 — 120 for the selections to win, and 120 for them to place.
- It also means that now your stake gets multiplied by 240. Therefore, a unit stake of £1 will stand at £240. Similarly, a unit stake of £0.5 will total to £120. Ideally, the best practice is to halve the unit stake to ensure that the total stake is unaffected.
- Even if none of the selections win, but finish in their ‘place’ positions, you’d still be paid out handsomely with an each-way Super Heinz. In essence, each-way Super Heinz betting creates a better chance for returns.
- Each-way odds are expressed as a fraction of the win-only odds.
- Note that at least two selections must place to trigger a payout, much like how a minimum of two selections must win (land) to get a payout from a win-only Super Heinz.
- Alternatively, you might back some selections to win and others to place. Simply check the ‘E/W’ box next to the selections you want to place on the bet slip. Here, the number of bets remains 120.
Usually, each-way Super Heinz betting is suited for horse racing and greyhound racing. These are incredibly popular markets, particularly during the two highlights of the National Hunt calendar: the Cheltenham Festival and Grand National.
How to Place an Each-way Super Heinz Bet
Suppose you back the following selections in the Ante-post Cheltenham Festival (odds correct at the time of writing):
- Ferny Hollow to win the Supreme Novices’ Hurdle @ 11/1
- Shishkin to win the Arkle Chase @ 45/10
- Fury Road to win the National Hunt Chase @ 13/1
- Appreciate It to win the Ballymore Novices’ Hurdle @ 13/1
- Paisley Park to win the Stayers’ Hurdle @ 8/1
- Gypsy Island to win the Mares’ Novices’ Hurdle @ 9/1
- Easyland to win the Cross Country Chase @ 3/1
Place a £0.5 each-way Super Heinz bet with 888sport and walk away with monster winnings worth £1,758,094 (EST.)
Super Heinz Bet Advantages
Now that you now know more about this bet, you're probably thinking that you can do away with a complex system like this and simply go for a sevenfold acca instead. Well, sure, you can. But remember that any traditional accumulator requires all the selections to land for you to make a profit. One failed leg, and you can bid goodbye to your hopes of carrying that bounty home.
That is because, with an accumulator, you have only one winning combination. For example, consider you have backed:
- Liverpool to beat Everton
- Manchester United to beat Newcastle United
- Manchester City to beat Watford
- West Ham United to beat Leicester City
- Tottenham Hotspur to beat Arsenal
- Bournemouth to beat Fulham
- Wolverhampton Wanderers to beat Brighton and Hove Albion
For a sevenfold acca to generate returns, the combination of Liverpool-Manchester United-Manchester City-West Ham United-Tottenham Hotspur-Bournemouth-Wolves MUST WIN. Should any of the selections not win (or the game ends in a draw), you’d have to leave empty-handed.
But, but, but –
With this bet, there are 120 possible ways that you could register sizeable winnings! More importantly, unlike a traditional acca, you only need two of the seven selections to land for a guaranteed ROI. For instance, only Liverpool and Spurs could win in the above example, and you would still be deafened by all the cash registers ringing.
That is precisely why betting this way is an excellent strategy to diversify the wager and lend security to your payout.
The only probable downside is the expense associated with placing this kind of bet. If you seek to reap the rewards, ensure that you know the sport you are betting on well, and that you are confident about the form of your selections.
Super Heinz Bet Calculator
Working out acca winnings can be challenging, considering the returns from every selection that lands are compounded and then staked on the next selection. Understand that a Super Heinz bet is massive, covering seven selections and involving 120 bets.
That’s precisely why you need an online Super Heinz bet calculator to work out the odds on your selections and estimated Super Heinz winnings. Enter the odds, and type in the stake. Then, click on ‘Calculate Bet’ to find out the ballpark returns and profits.
We are currently developing our own calculator which should be up and running in no time. Keep checking this space. Until then, we recommend using a tool such as BetVictor's Bet Calculator that will automatically do the math for you.
Super Heinz vs Heinz Bet vs Goliath Bet vs Super Yankee (Canadian)
|Parameter||Super Heinz||Heinz||Goliath||Super Yankee (Canadian)|
|Number of selections||7||6||8||5|
|Number of bets||120||57||247||26|
|Bet composition||21 doubles + 35 trebles + 35 fourfold accas + 21 fivefold accas + 7 sixfold accas + 1 sevenfold acca||15 doubles + 20 trebles + 15 fourfold accas + 6 fivefold accas + 1 sixfold acca||28 doubles + 56 trebles + 70 fourfold accas + 56 fivefold accas + 28 sixfold accas + 8 sevenfold accas + 1 eightfold acca||10 doubles + 10 trebles + 5 fourfold accas + 1 fivefold acca|
Check out our article on what a Goliath bet is and how to place one.
Super Heinz Bet FAQs
🥇 What is a Super Heinz bet?
A Super Heinz bet is a type of multi-bet accumulator. It is a seven-selection wager consisting of 120 bets in total -- 21 doubles, 35 trebles, 35 fourfold accumulators, 21 fivefold accumulators, 7 sixfold accumulators, and 1 sevenfold accumulator.
👍 On what sports can I place a Super Heinz bet?
You can place a Super Heinz on multiple sports, as long as the sport allows you to pick seven selections across seven events. That being said, the most popular sports for placing this kind of bet are football, greyhound racing, and horse racing.
✅ What happens to a Super Heinz bet with a non-runner?
A non-runner doesn’t affect the Super Heinz bet, i.e. all the 120 bets still stand. Any accumulator, for that matter, will remain unaffected by a non-running selection. The only difference is that it would be settled without considering the non-runner. For example, if you’ve placed a treble, a non-runner would make it a double.
❌ Can I place an each-way Super Heinz bet?
Yes, you can. Just tick the E/W checkbox next to the ‘potential returns’ on your bet slip. Remember that an each-way Super Heinz automatically doubles the original stake. For example, if you’ve staked £1, it will total up to £240 with an each-way Super Heinz bet. That said, it creates a higher chance for getting a payout, considering there would be 240 bets now – 120 bets for your selections to win, and 120 for them to place.
💪 How is Super Heinz different from a Goliath bet and Super Yankee (Canadian)?
The aptly named Goliath bet comprises a massive 247 bets across combinations of eight selections. A Super Yankee/Canadian bet, on the other hand, involves 26 bets from five selections.
⚒️ How do I get a payout with a Super Heinz bet?
A Super Heinz bet pays out only if a minimum two of the seven selections land. Usually, four (or more) winning selections will generate a profit on the bet. However, remember that you don’t get any return if only one selection wins, considering a Super Heinz bet doesn’t involve single bets.
ThePuntersPage Final Say
A Super Heinz bet comprises 120 bets – 21 doubles, 35 trebles, 35 fourfold accumulators, 21 fivefold accumulators, 7 sixfold accumulators, and one sevenfold accumulator – placed on seven different selections. While the stakes are undoubtedly higher compared to a traditional acca, the upside is that it magnifies the possibilities of returns, considering at least two of the seven selections land.
You might think a sevenfold acca could achieve the same returns. Sure, it can. The only difference is that all the seven selections must win for you to get a payout.
This bet is ideal for experienced bettors who are comfortable injecting a little volatility into their bets. Nonetheless, it is good fun. Just be judicious with the stake.
Managing your money well is an integral part of betting; you don’t want to stake more than what you can afford. To make an informed decision every time, you should learn proven strategies for sports betting and read our exhaustive bookmaker reviews to find out who you should bet with.
Bet intelligently, bet responsibly.