The Andalucía Masters is a professional golf tournament played each year at the world-famous Valderrama Golf Club in Sotogrande, Spain. Read on to learn more about the event and discover the latest odds, our expert betting tips, and more!
- Tournament Structure for the Andalucía Masters
- Best Betting Sites for Andalucía Masters Betting
- Andalucía Masters Betting Odds, Promotions, Tips & Predictions
- 5 Reasons to Bet on the Andalucía Masters
- Best Andalucía Masters Betting Sites With Livestreaming
- Popular Andalucía Masters Betting Markets
- History of the Andalucía Masters
- Upcoming Sporting Events
- Similar Tournaments To the Andalucía Masters
- ThePuntersPage Final Say
Tournament Structure for the Andalucía Masters
The Andalucía Valderrama Masters, to give it its full title, is held annually at the Real Golf Club Valderrama in Spain, home to one of the most famous holes in golf.
The tournament is a four-day long, stroke play tournament that runs from Thursday through Sunday every October. It used to be held in late April or early May, but this was changed in recent years.
As ever with stroke play tourneys, the player that posts the lowest below-par score in total over the four days will be deemed the winner.
After the second day of the event and 36 holes have been concluded, a cut will be used to separate the wheat from the chaff (by which we mean the stragglers of the event), which may even include some great players off their form. These eliminated players will be excluded from the final two days’ play. Those that do make the cut will continue until the event has concluded on Sunday.
On Sunday, the tournament will crown the winner, a.k.a. the player with the lowest par score. If, as can often happen, the potential winning players are tied by the end of the tournament, then three playoff holes will be played in an attempt to split the players and find a victor.
Best Betting Sites for Andalucía Masters Betting
18+. New customers using Promo code R30 only. Min £10 stake, min odds ½, free bets paid as 3x £10, free bets credited after settlement of first qualifying bet, free bets will expire 30 days after the qualifying bet is placed, payment methods/player/country restrictions apply. Full T&Cs apply. Bet Responsibly. BeGambleAware.org #ad
Andalucía Masters Betting Odds, Promotions, Tips & Predictions
At the time of writing, there are no confirmed dates yet for the 2023 Andalucía Masters; however, we will update this section once we have more information.
Andalucía Masters Betting Odds 2023
We will publish the odds for the 2023 tournament here once they are available.
Andalucía Masters Betting Tips & Predictions 2023
Once the commencement of the event draws nearer, we will publish our expert tips and predictions.
Andalucía Masters Betting Promotions 2023
- VBET has a very good promotion that ties in nicely with betting on the Andalucía Masters. Once you claim it, you can pick up a guaranteed free bet up to £20 (plus £10 casino bonus money and 20 free spins) in return for a first qualifying £10 bet.
- Alternatively, you could also enjoy NetBet’s £20 in free bets sportsbook welcome offer.
5 Reasons to Bet on the Andalucía Masters
- This tournament is part of the Open Qualifying Series.
- Many big golfing names will be in attendance.
- It is held at the world famous Real Club Valderrama course.
- It includes the par 5 fourth hole known as La Cascada, which is one of the most famous holes in European golf.
- The Andalucía Masters prize money is worth a total of €3,000,000.
Best Andalucía Masters Betting Sites With Livestreaming
- Paddy Power
- William Hill
Popular Andalucía Masters Betting Markets
Golf is one of the best sports to bet on, especially since the fields of competitors are always very large, which keeps the odds high and the range of bets wide. Moreover, with numerous professional bodies and tours, there are tournaments teeing off almost every week of the year.
In this section of our guide, we've outlined some of the best golf betting markets for the Andalucía Masters.
To Win Outright Betting
The most popular and uncomplicated bet in golf is to wager on the outright winner of a tournament. It really is as straightforward as selecting a player that you believe has the best chance of winning that tournament outright. In this case, of course, we are betting on the Andalucía Masters, so if you have a strong feeling that you know who will win the next staging of this tournament, then put their name down on your online betting slip and confirm your stake.
Winning Nationality Betting
Given Sergio García ’s unique record here, as well as Jon Rahm’s world ranking, a winning nationality bet might be a good idea at the Andalucía Masters, where homegrown Spanish players traditionally do well. Of course, you don’t have to back a Spaniard to win; you could choose from any nationality you like, and, if the winner of the tournament comes from your nominated country, you win the bet.
This type of bet is sometimes referred to as a head-to-head. This is because it pits two players against each other, and you must select which of these players will outperform the other. At the end of the tournament, the bookies will take the best score over the course of the tournament, which in golf means that the winner is the player with the lowest score. If the player with the lowest score out of the two was your pick, you will have won the bet.
Note: The players involved in the bet do not actually need to be playing in a competitive pair on the course; they are merely being judged overall for the purpose of this bet.
For the Andalucía Masters, bettors are able to bet on whether or not they think there will be a hole-in-one scored by any of the competitors. It doesn’t matter which player gets the hole-in-one, as long as the latter actually takes place.
All that matters is that one player manages to sink the ball into the hole from his tee shot. Remember, holes-in-one are rare so the odds are high, but the chances of success are slim.
History of the Andalucía Masters
The Andalucía Masters first was played in 2010 at the Valderrama course, where Northern Irishman Graeme McDowell emerged victorious from the four-day tourney.
The event was followed up in 2011 when it was won by local hero and 2017 US Masters victor, Sergio García , who is lovingly known as ‘El Nino‘. However, owing to local government budgetary issues, the 2012 edition was cancelled.
The tournament remained on the shelf for five years before being revived in 2017 by the Sergio García Foundation, who remain the hosts to this day. In fact, García won the 2017 event and repeated his success in his homeland a year later, making the Spaniard the most successful player ever at the Andalucía Valderrama Masters.
Since 2019, it has, for commercial purposes, been known as the Estrella Damm N.A. Andalucía Masters, after the famous Spanish beer firm picked up the sponsorship rights.
Recent Andalucía Masters Winners
Andalucía Masters Key Stats
- Sergio García has won this event more than anyone else, winning it on three of the seven occasions it has been staged so far.
- El Niño’s 2017 win of 12 under par, remains the biggest winning margin at this event.
- The first ever winner was Northern Irishman Graeme McDowell.
- In 2019, South Africa’s Christiaan Bezuidenhout became the first non-European to win the event.
Upcoming Sporting Events
Similar Tournaments To the Andalucía Masters
- 17 – 20 November, 2022, DP World Tour Championship: The DP World Tour Championship makes up the final leg of the Race To Dubai competition and is held at the Jumeirah Golf Estates’ Earth Course in Dubai every November.
- 19 – 22 January, 2023, Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship: Another one of the six annual European Tour golf events that are held each season in the Arab Gulf, this event takes place at the Abu Dhabi Golf Club in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- 9 – 15 October, 2023, Shriners Hospitals Open: This charitable PGA Tour tourney is held each year at the TPC at Summerlin near Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
Andalucía Masters FAQs
You can watch the Andalucía Masters live on Sky Sports.
The Andalucía Masters usually takes place every October.
Yes, Southern Spain experiences mild to warm weather during this tournament.
Yes, the Andalucía Masters is the 8th event in The Open Qualifying Series.
Yes, with a big event such as the Andalucia Masters, bookmakers will offer a full menu of golf bets.
ThePuntersPage Final Say
Despite not being the oldest of golfing tournaments, the Andalucía Masters is one of the most eagerly anticipated stops on the European Tour season. Having been omitted from the latter for five years, it was revived in 2017 by Spanish golf star Sergio García who has himself won the event more than any other player. Now, as part of the qualifying series for The Open Championship, it has taken on the added value which makes things all the more exciting for fans, viewers and bettors alike.