Doncaster v Charlton Betting Preview, Odds & Tips | 12/05/19
Ben Swain (@Swaaainn) previews Doncaster Rovers v Charlton Athletic and provides us with his best bets for Sunday’s League 1 Play-off semi-final 1st leg, by analysing team news, potential line-ups, head-to-head, key stats and facts and more.
Doncaster Rovers v Charlton Athletic Betting Preview, Odds & Tips
- Date: 12/05/18
- Time: 12:15
- Venue: Keepmoat Stadium
- Channel: Sky Sports
There’s plenty of goal threats on display as Doncaster host Charlton in the 1st leg of the League 1 play-off semi-final.
Doncaster only secured their play-off place on the final day with a victory while Charlton leapfrogged both Portsmouth and Sunderland to move into 3rd in their last outing.
Doncaster beat Coventry 2-0, ending a 3-match winless run.
Charlton recorded their second 4-0 victory in three weeks as they moved up to 3rd.
Rochdale were the most recent side to be denied a goal by Charlton also, for their 7th clean-sheet in nine games.
Not only in defence are Charlton impressing. Joe Aribo has three goals in three games to add to the impressive foray of attacking talent in this match
Both John Marquis and Lyle Taylor, joint 2nd top scorers in League One, scored on the last day of the season.
Boss McCann has claimed one ‘big’ player is a doubt to be within the squad, due to injury.
Chris Solly is suspended.
Potential Doncaster Starting XI: Marosi, Andrew, Butler, Downing, Blair, Whiteman, Kane, Rowe, Coppinger, Marquis, Wilks
Potential Charlton Starting XI: Phillips, Sarr, Bauer, Bielik, Dijksteel, Purrington, Cullen, Morgan, Parker, Aribo, Taylor
Head To Head
- Charlton’s victory over Doncaster, at the Valley Parade means they now lead the way in head to head stats.
- Doncaster’s draw, in reply, at the Keepmoat Stadium kept them on four victories to Charlton’s five in nine matches.
Key Stats & Facts
- Doncaster have only won once against the top 6 this season (2-1 v Luton, h).
- Doncaster have only lost 3 matches at home, the 4th best in the league, behind Barnsley, Charlton, and Luton.
- Doncaster’s John Marquis and Charlton’s Lyle Taylor were both joint league One 2nd top scorer.
- Charlton have won 11 of their last 13 matches.
- Charlton were knocked out of the playoffs at this stage last season, after finishing 6th.
- Doncaster – 6/4
- Draw – 9/4
- Charlton – 11/5
Charlton are in good form but Doncaster’s home record is pretty impressive also so it should be a tight affair.
I wouldn’t like to back against any side to win the fixture but both sides do boast an impressive record in front of goal.
5th and 6th highest scorers in the league, Charlton and Doncaster both have proven goalscorers in the shapes of Lyle Taylor and John Marquis, while Mallik Wilks and Joe Aribo are in great form of late.