Based on one of the most popular sports in the world to bet on, Paddy Power horse racing options provide a top-notch service for punters. From betting on jumps and flat racing to finding the best odds and special features available, we'll go everything you need to know about what this bookie has to offer horse racing fans in this article.
Paddy Power Horse Racing Markets
When it comes to horse racing betting markets, Paddy Power is one of the top bookmakers in the industry, providing a highly diverse coverage and a variety of options.
Types of Bets
- There are various ways to bet on horse racing with Paddy Power. The standout market is the win market, where you simply back the horse to win the race. Alternatively, there is an option to place a win and each-way bet. Paddy Power offers a payout on the top three places, depending on the number of competitors in a race.
- The Grand National has a payout on the top five, although there are other options to extend the amount of places offered, even though this will affect your odds. Paddy Power offer a 1/5 of the outright price of the horse for each-way bets, which is standard across the industry. We believe that their extra places option is a great way to attempt to get good value on outsiders, which can be particularly useful for handicap races such as the Grand National.
- Paddy Power also includes the straight up option to back a horse to be placed, rather than having to place a win each-way bet. You can even lodge on acca on a single race for multiple horses to place, which we feel is a great way of improving the price of your wager.
- Other options include forecasts and trifecta bets, where you need to guess the correct finishing order of the top two or three horses. Then there's also the option to bet 'without', another quirky Paddy Power horse racing wager, where you can select a horse to win without the presence of the race favourite.
- One of the most compelling betting markets at Paddy Power is the money back option. If you place a wager on this market, you will get your money back if your horse does not win the race, but manages to place. We feel this is a terrific of protecting your stake, particularly if you’ve backed a heavy favourite.
- Of course, accas are a staple of any quality bookmaker, and there are a great range of multiple bets you can place with Paddy Power. Whether a simple double or treble, or even beyond that with Heinz and Lucky 15 options, there are ample acca options to suit novice bettors and those who are more experienced.
- Live betting during races is also available if you’re quick enough on the draw. These prices will fluctuate to reflect the action as it happens on the track, so it can be useful to find value, especially if a leading contender has a slow start to the race. Due to the nature of flat and jumps racing, it is perhaps a more useful market for jumps racing as those events are usually longer, giving more of an opportunity for the market to develop.
Paddy Power Horse Racing Odds
Paddy Power horse racing odds are highly competitive across the board, giving their rivals in the industry a good run for the money (no pun intended!) In regards to leading races in both jumps and flat racing, you will find that their prices are comparable, if not the same as what their peers have to offer.
While there will be minor discrepancies, Paddy Power have established a reputation as one of the best operators in the business for the value provided to customers. This is apparent whether you are placing a bet on the day with Paddy Power or using their antepost betting options for future races.
Referring to the above screenshot for the following example, antepost odds 2000 Guineas Stakes are more often than not in line with the market value, even including options for each-way betting for the top three at the 1/5 of the odds of the outright price. In the case of Coroebus, it was found that this particular pick provided higher value at Paddy Power than anywhere else.
Paddy Power Horse Racing #WhatOdds Paddy
Paddy Power supplies regular special offers on major meets such as the Derby, Grand National, the Cheltenham Festival and Royal Ascot. However, if you're looking for a particular price for a horse race or a betting market that involves a jockey, trainer or even an owner, you can contact Paddy Power on Twitter to ask them to price up a market using the hashtag #WhatOddsPaddy. The trading staff will then consider the bet and then offer a fair price on their website if they deem it a worthwhile market.
Paddy Power tend to focus on this particularly during major weeks of the year, although the offer is available at any time. If you know your racing well, scan your racecards to look for a potential bet and get a good price on a wager that Paddy Power may have initially overlooked.
Paddy Power Horse Racing Boosts
Paddy Power horse racing boosts are available almost every day, offering enhanced prices on particular betting markets. These are especially useful for events such as Cheltenham and Royal Ascot, where you'll find multiple options to consider.
You can make great profits to cover potential losses on Paddy Power's enhanced odds, such as betting for Willie Mullins to train two plus winners in a day at Cheltenham or Rachael Blackmore to ride one winner. While your stakes can be limited with these price boosts given the strong likelihood of occurrence, we still believe that this particular feature of Paddy Power’s horse racing product is excellent.
Paddy Power Horse Racing Offers
Once you have registered for an account, your first wager with Paddy Power will be covered with a money back offer on a number of available markets, including horse racing. These risk-free offers can range from £10 upwards, but it is worth waiting for around major sporting events such as Cheltenham Festival, the Grand National and Royal Ascot to get the best offers available.
During our research, we found that Paddy Power upped the ante for customers during Cheltenham Festival by offering a £5 free bet for the first three days of the event. These were available to use in a multitude of ways, including on accas, something that was not possible at other horse racing betting sites.
These Paddy Power offers come at regular intervals for existing customers, with opportunities to get other free bets by placing down regular £5 and £10 bets per week to earn a bonus wager of the same value.
Paddy Power Horse Racing Special Features
Paddy Power horse racing has a number of special features for punters – we've compiled some of the best below.
Live streaming is a staple of any reputable bookmaker in the industry, with Paddy Power ensuring that it provides a top service for its customers. All they require from your end is to have funds in your account in order to access this feature.
The quality of streaming provided is outstanding, and is supplied by either Racing TV or Sky Sports for races in the United Kingdom and Ireland. Statistics are also readily available to support your bets while watching the action unfold.
Paddy Power’s acca insurance across all sports is a great way to reward the faith of customers who place regular accumulator bets with the operator. For those bettors that place accas that have four legs or more, Paddy Power will refund your stake if your acca loses due to one selection. This can be extremely useful for major events or a minor race on which you may have placed multiple selections.
This insurance allows bettors to fight another day and hope for better luck. For special events it can even be altered to reflect fewer selections, so be sure to watch out for Paddy Power’s special offers regarding accas.
A cash-out feature should be part of any top betting site, and Paddy Power horse racing have ensured that it is an essential cog in their service.
If you’ve already surpassed your expectations or simply have doubts about one of the legs on your acca, then Paddy Power have you covered with the option ready to cash out from your bet. In our experience, it is reliable for the majority of bets, but there might be instances where you might not be able to immediately cash out. However, this is common across the industry and not isolated to the operator itself.
Paddy Power Horse Racing Results
Paddy Power are famed for the speed of their results, ensuring that you know the result of the race as soon as possible if you’ve not been watching.
You can find the results you're looking for by clicking the meeting and results tab in the horse racing section, and selecting a race that has a post icon next to the time.
Paddy Power Horse Racing FAQs
Paddy Power provide horse racing betting markets on outright winner, win each-way, place, forecasts and trifectas, accas, money back and betting ‘without'.
Paddy Power pay out on the top three places in their horse racing bets. For big events such as the Grand National, however, this can go up to the top four or five. These can in turn be enhanced by Paddy Power’s price boosts on the day of the contest.
#WhatOddsPaddy is a service whereby Paddy Power customers can request horse racing bets from the operator outside of their usual markets. Customers can create their own wagers and contact the traders on Twitter to find a price for their request, which is then made available on the betting site and app.
Paddy Power horse racing provide regular free bets offers for their existing customers, which are usually available around the time of major events such as the Cheltenham Festival and Royal Ascot.
Yes. Live streaming is available for Paddy Power customers for all the leading races.
Paddy Power provide acca insurance for accas of four or more legs by returning your stake if one of your selections fail.
ThePuntersPage Final Say
Paddy Power’s horse racing product is arguably the best in the industry, providing an outstanding range of betting markets and competitive odds. On top of that, they have a range of special features and top promotions that makes it one of the most rewarding operators around for wagering on horses.